Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Stephen Colbert, Stephen Colbert


. . .

And I gotta say - I’m going to go out on the limb here - I believe slavery was wrong. No, I don’t care who that upsets. I just hope the mainstream media give me the credit for the courage it took to say that today. I know the blogosphere is just going to explode tomorrow. But enough about me - if there can be enough about me.

No, Stephen, there can't possibly be enough about you...
So we must build walls. A wall obviously across the entire southern border. That’s the answer. That may not be enough -- maybe a moat in front of it, or a fire-pit. Maybe a flaming moat, filled with fire-proof crocodiles. And we should probably wall off the northern border as well. Keep those Canadians with their socialized medicine and their skunky beer out. And because immigrants can swim, we’ll probably want to wall off the coasts as well. And while we’re at it, we need to put up a dome, in case they have catapults. And we’ll punch some holes in it so we can breathe. Breathe free. It’s time for illegal immigrants to go -- right after they finish building those walls. Yes, yes, I agree with me.

That's right, Stephen, you tell 'em.
There are so many challenges facing this next generation, and as they said earlier, you are up for these challenges. And I agree, except that I don't think you are. I don't know if you're tough enough to handle this. You are the most cuddled generation in history. I belong to the last generation that did not have to be in a car seat. You had to be in car seats. I did not have to wear a helmet when I rode my bike. You do. You have to wear helmets when you go swimming, right? In case you bump your head against the side of the pool. Oh, by the way, I should have said, my speech today may contain some peanut products.

My mother had 11 children: Jimmy, Eddie, Mary, Billy, Morgan, Tommy, Jay, Lou, Paul, Peter, Stephen. You may applaud my mother's womb. Thank you, I'll let her know. She could never protect us the way you all have been protected. She couldn't fit 11 car seats. She would just open the back of her Town & Country - stack us like cord wood: four this way, four that way. And she put crushed glass in the empty spaces to keep it steady. Then she would roll up all the windows in the winter time and light up a cigarette. When I die I will not need to be embalmed, because as a child my mother hickory-smoked me.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

At June 06, 2006 5:39 PM, Blogger Dan Dright said...

Quien es mas macho? Senor Colbert o Chuck Norris?

Senor Colbert es mas macho.

 
At June 06, 2006 6:19 PM, Blogger The Neurocritic said...

Señor Montalban!

No, no, Señor Colbert es más macho.

 
At June 06, 2006 6:36 PM, Blogger The Neurocritic said...

Laurie Anderson - Smoke Rings (Home Of The Brave)

Couldn't find anything from SNL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker